As spring starts, you may be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Manassas? Especially if your AC unit is recently installed or was running well last year.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new car and never have to request any service for it, such as putting in fresh oil or getting new tires.
The same affects your AC. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving parts. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving parts can fail.
Having your unit checked seasonally by a Fire & Ice HVAC pro can help spot small issues before they turn into large breakdowns. (And cause your air conditioning to stop working!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your cooling system is located outdoors, it’s more susceptible to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can greatly affect your equipment’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a pro to service delicate internal parts.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard debris that accumulate within your system can make it work harder and lower airflow. Both these troubles can cause higher energy use—and a bigger utility bill!
- It could prolong your unit’s life span. A clean system is an efficient one and could even help it work for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly electricity costs and over the years, since you won’t have to get new equipment as soon.
- It helps pinpoint little troubles before they turn into big, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will closely examine pieces and complete a set of cooling performance verifications. These in-depth procedures often allow us to locate issues before they turn into large issues that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps deliver worry-free comfort throughout the warmest days. After your equipment is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your unit is ready to give worry-free air. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this work, your equipment is open to advanced breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A premium AC service should include an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC tech. Here’s some of the things we’ll do:
We’ll examine the subsequent locations and parts:
- Complete equipment condition
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the jobs we’ll complete:
- Replace air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lube moving parts
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Maintenance Right Away with Fire & Ice HVAC
Now is the perfect time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Fire & Ice HVAC pros a ring at 703-595-4157 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we visit your house, make sure to check our discount offers for savings on your next maintenance.