As spring begins, you may be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Woodbridge? Especially if your AC equipment is up-to-date or was running good last season.
Here’s one approach to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new car and never anticipate to request any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or purchasing new tires.
The same applies for your AC. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving parts. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can malfunction.
Having your system checked annually by a Fire & Ice HVAC expert can help spot minor issues before they turn into large breakdowns. (And cause your system to stop working!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your cooling system is installed outdoors, it’s more prone to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can greatly affect your equipment’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a professional to service delicate internal parts.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate in your unit can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these issues can lead to higher energy use—and a higher energy bill!
- It could extend your equipment’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and might even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly energy costs and over the years, because you won’t have to replace your equipment as soon.
- It helps locate little troubles before they turn into big, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will closely examine pieces and complete a set of air conditioning performance verifications. These detailed procedures often allow us to find problems before they turn into extensive problems that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps deliver worry-free comfort throughout the season. After your unit is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your unit is ready to deliver worry-free comfort. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this maintenance, your unit is open to advanced breakdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A premium AC tune-up should have an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC tech. Here’s some of the things we’ll do:
We’ll inspect the subsequent spots and pieces:
- Total equipment state
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the jobs we’ll do:
- Put in new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Lubricate moving parts
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Service Today with Fire & Ice HVAC
This week is the greatest time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Fire & Ice HVAC pros a shout at 703-595-4157 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we come to your house, be sure to browse our discount offers for savings on your approaching maintenance.